Sales Blogs/World

Global BEV and PHEV Volumes for 2020 H1

The 1st half of 2020 was overshadowed by the COVID-19 lockdowns, causing unprecedented declines in monthly vehicle sales from February onwards. For the first 6 months of 2020 the volume loss was 28 % for the total light vehicle market, compared to H1 of 2019. EVs held up better and posted a loss of 14 % year-on-year for H1, globally. The regional developments were very diverse, though: In China, where the 2020 numbers compare to the still healthy sales of 2019 H1, NEVs lost 42 % y/y in a car market that was down 20 %. Lower subsidies and more stringent technical requirements are the main reasons. In USA, the sales of EVs followed the overall market trend.

To read this publication and more

Sign up for free and get unlimited access

Sign up now